With the EV industry growing in popularity, electric vehicle charging stations are becoming more and more common. In order to help you decide which type of electric vehicle charger is right for your needs, this article will list the top 10 types of electric vehicle chargers.
What Makes an Electric Vehicle Charger?
An electric vehicle charger is a device that allows electric vehicles to be recharged. There are a few different types of electric vehicle chargers, but all of them work the same way. You can also look for ev charging appliance, through various online sources.
An electric vehicle charger consists of two main parts: a plug and a connector. The plug connects to the outlet in your home or office and the connector connects to the electric vehicle. The charge begins when you plug in the charger and continues while the electric vehicle is being recharged.
The Different Types of Electric Vehicle Chargers
There are a few different types of electric vehicle chargers, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are the most common types of electric vehicle chargers:
1. AC Wall Connector: This type of charger is typically found at home or in businesses. It uses an AC power outlet to connect to the electric vehicle.
2. DC Fast Charger: This type of charger uses direct current to rapidly charge the battery in the electric vehicle.
3. Level 2 Charger: This type of charger is used to charge an electric vehicle battery up to 80% capacity.
4. Level 3 Charger: This type of charger can charge an electric vehicle battery up to 150% capacity.
5. Tesla Supercharger: The Tesla Supercharger is the fastest charging station available for electric vehicles. It can charge an electric vehicle battery up to 100% in just 30 minutes.